“The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” That saying about teambuilding (attributed to sports leader Babe Ruth), describes one goal companies have in mind when they hire entertainers for corporate events.
Why form teams in the first place? “Because teamwork builds trust and trust builds speed,” is the way General Russel Honore (who led Task Force Katrina) measures the importance of teambuilding.
At corporate events in Indianapolis, Mind Tripping entertainers Christian and Katalina make it a practice to include customized team building exercises. Why is that so important? The reasons are varied:
- To integrate new employees into the company or department
- To improve relations between groups who have “not been playing well together”
- To introduce people from different divisions of a company or even those from different countries
- To allow employees to practice collaborative problem-solving techniques
Remember the famous Tom Cruise line from sports film Jerry McGuire, “Help me help you”? Here at the Mind Tripping Show, we’re saying to corporate event planners, “You’re trying to help your client companies achieve their goals at upcoming events.”
Well, as corporate entertainers, WE can help YOU help your corporate clients build effective teams!
– by Rebecca of the Corporate Events Indianapolis blog team