“If you’re responsible for planning a conference or corporate meeting on your company’s behalf, consider these trends shaping today’s corporate events,” advises oncallinternational.com.
1. Location: Event location has taken on new meaning, as more and more event planners incorporate cultural aspects of their destination into attendees’ experience.
2. Booking demand window narrowing: It’s becoming very important to book a venue well in advance.
3. Access to effective WiFi: Many now attend conferences with multiple wireless devices, and reliable connectivity is expected.
4. Flexibility: The best venues offer movable partitions, furniture, and planters that offer flexibility for impromptu brainstorming or team meetings.
5. Mobile apps: Meeting planners are increasingly using mobile apps to monitor RSVPs and check-in.
6. Distinctive food choices: Of 200 meeting planners surveyed, 74% said diverse culinary offerings were an important factor in their choice of venue. Considerations included healthy, locally sourced ingredients, plus vegan and gluten-free choices.
7. Health consciousness: Programs offering exercise breaks, and the availability of emergency medical help are an increasing aspect of corporate client expectations.
8. Going green: The availability of technology options (reduces printing costs), of distilled water (versus bottled), and other options to reduce the impact on the environment is becoming ever more of a consideration for meeting planners.
The last two trends on the list most directly relate to our work at Corporate Events Indianapolis, we find.
9. Team building activities: “Team building continues to be a strong industry trend, and activities that include unique ways to motivate, inspire, and build camaraderie with colleagues are growing,” On Call emphasizes.
At the Corporate Events team, we’ve learned that corporate events in Indianapolis that incorporate astonishment and awe for clients and staff make for excellent teambuilding. Nothing beats the emotional connection forged by laughing together.
10. Entertainment: “Make your event unique, so attendees want to keep coming back year after year,” urges On Call.
Christian & Katalina have been working with corporate event planners for more than fifteen years, and today, they’re finding, clients want the “different” and “unusual”. They also want material that fits their own situation and their own objectives for the event.
Are YOU incorporating the Top 10 Trends in your own event planning?
– by Rebecca of the Corporate Events Indianapolis blog team